1. Stay on-topic. This board is for exchanging friend codes, setting up meeting times, & arranging trades. It is not a general chat or forum, and off-topic comments are not welcome. For general Animal Crossing questions, please use Google or an Animal Crossing site/forum that allows such questions. Even if you can't find the answer to a question on Google, this is still not the place for it. 2. Do not be rude or harass people. Keep it friendly and avoid name-calling and profanity (swearing).
3. Do not use this page to advertise. Don't promote your site, blog, Instagram account, eBay sales, etc.
4. No spamming. Do not post a bunch of new comments frequently. If you need to add or change something, just edit your comment. Before reposting something, a good rule of thumb is to refresh the page and see if your comment is still visible above the "Load more comments" bar. If it is, please wait longer before reposting. Also, be aware that Disqus has a slight delay before comments are visible. So don't assume your post didn't go through if you don't see it right away.
5. Reply! When responding to someone, be sure to use the "reply" feature located under their comment. This makes it easier for them to be alerted of your response, and it keeps the page less cluttered as well.
6. No trolling or otherwise starting trouble. Don't make ridiculously low (or high) offers just to cause drama. If you don't like the price someone is asking for, then don't respond just to "correct" them. There is no right or wrong price; it's up to a buyer and seller to agree on a price. If you're not interested in buying/selling, then don't interfere.
7. Don't argue. If someone has been informed that they're breaking a rule and they continue to do so, do not argue or gang up on him/her. That just makes a bad situation worse. Stop responding and just flag the offending posts and wait for a moderator to take care of it. Ignore the person and carry on.
8. Don't advertise your dream address. Many new users do not understand the difference between friend codes and dream addresses, and this page gets new users every day. You can list your dream address on your profile if you wish, but make sure there's a clear distinction between it and your friend code.
9. GIVEAWAY RULESGiveaways can be fun and exciting, but they can also result in dozens of unnecessary posts that dominate the page and push other comments off-screen. For that reason, please follow these rules:
A. Giveaways should not have guessing games. No "guess what number I'm thinking of," etc. B. Giveaways should not involve trivia questions or "tell me a joke" contests. C. Do not use a giveaway as a means to advertise your dream address, Instagram account, etc. D. If a giveaway is a *random* drawing, allow people to enter by liking/upvoting your comment. Please ask them not to comment until the drawing is over (a time should be specified in the original post to avoid confusion). This way, many people can enter without clogging up the page with comments. E. You may ask people to comment if you're trying to find a good home for a villager.
Examples of acceptable giveaways:
The first three people to respond get a fluffy floofy fedora.
I've giving away Jambette the frog. Tell me why you want her and if she is your dreamie. If so, why?
Giving away a full set of creepy furniture and Tabby's pic. To enter, upvote this comment but don't comment until the drawing is over in 10 minutes.
Examples of unacceptable giveaways:
Guess my middle name/age/shoe size/favorite school subject to win 100 bells!
To enter to win an ice sofa, comment with the phrase "penguin sausage."
TRIVIA: Win a rotten peach by telling me Pikachu's favorite flavor of lollipop!
Follow me on Instagram and I'll give you eleventy hundred bells.
Moderators may delete any comments that break the rules and/or warn a user who breaks them. Moderators can also ban users from posting if a user is repeatedly or blatantly ignoring the rules.These rules are designed to keep the page flowing as smoothly as possible and to minimize disruptions. Thank you to all who use this site as intended. I hope you have a good experience and have fun!